AboutJack Brandt is a leading expert in channel development for organizations addressing the SMB. He has helped numerous organizations develop online sales channels for their Internet/cloud based services as an advisor and an individual contributor in domains, web hosting, cloud services, and local & hyperlocal search. He as worked directly with hosters, telcos, cablecos, YP’s and drectories, both on and offline to help achieve their goals. Jack Brandt is currently President of Mixed Media Ventures, LLC, and continues to help channel organizations better serve and market to their customers and clients.
Why businesses might want to use the IPad too!
There were a few compelling reasons, noted, that I agree with. Check it out here: http://goo.gl/635ZView comments →
reBlog from MikeMoran: Biznology Blog by Mike Moran
I found this fascinating quote today. It was an a blog post about what can social media do for you in a PR crisis?
Social media can be ideal in crisis management for a few reasons. First, nothing beats the speed with which you can respond. You don’t have to wait for media to call. You can answer the story right where it starts, possibly quelling an issue before it gains too much negative momentum. On the other hand, social media demands that you respond quickly, so one person’s opportunity can be perceived as another’s curse.MikeMoran, Biznology Blog by Mike Moran, Mar 2010
You should read the whole article. http://tinyurl.com/y9bk4plView comments →
My favorite free or almost free small business tools.
Here is a list of my favorite small business tools that are free or almost free for use:
- DimDim.com – Like Webex, but free for up to 20 users.
- LogMeIn.com – Like GoToMyPC, but completely free, and works like a charm.
- Zoho.com (Particularly ZoHoCRM.com) Free CRM for up to three users, and it is dirt cheap for additional users or to upgrade to additional functionality. There are a ton of other tools there as well.
- Google Apps Standard (http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html) – 50 Email addresses at your domain, shared calendaring, shared documents, etc. I use the word processor and spreadsheet more and more every day. It gives me access from any PC. With their offline tool, I can even work on the plane, and sync when I get back to an Internet connection.
- Google Calendar Sync – Sync your Outlook with Google Calendar so that your Google Calendar syncs with your Iphone…
- Nuevasync.com – Gets your your Google Calendar to actually sync with your Iphone. And it’s free.
- Skype.com – Invaluable for communicating from hotel rooms, my IPhone, etc. and calls are free to other Skype users. Want to call overseas to a land-line or to your buddy across the country, long distance rates are inexpensive, and I have been on the same $20.00 prefund of my account for a year. Cannot beat that.
- WordPress – I am going to use this more and more for testing of other projects as there are so many plug-ins for it and new tools being released every week.
- QuickBooks Online Basic – Basic online bookkeeping for $9.95 a month
- RingCentral.com – Get an 800#, Voicemail, Extentions, an IVR and forward calls to cellphones, home phones, etc. in the 20.00+ dollar per month range.
- Idrive.com – Backup and restore your hard drive or multiple computers from anywhere. I backup three computers, and then use it to sync certain folders so that I always have all my up to date files on each PC no matter which one I take with me anywhere. 500GB of storage space is only $14.95 a month.
Have more of your own, feel free to comment below…View comments →
Make business decisions quickly!
This may be more of a rant than a good blog post, but feel free to judge for yourself.
I have recently encountered a situation with a company that I feel has been leveraging a high level of bureaucracy instead of making quick competent business decisions, and holding to those decisions to ensure they can move forward and make earn revenues.View comments →
YouTube.com for Small Business
I am an advocate of YouTube. Yes, there are some funny things to watch, there are movie trailers, and more, but what about your small business? Chris Crum is a writer for WebProNews. I enjoy reading his blog posts/articles. In one of his latest articles he discusses some of the business benefits of YouTube. Have a read here:
In later posts, I want to examine, in a little more detail the benefits of using YouTube for your small business, adding video to your Website to drive walk-in or telephone traffic, etc. But feel free to read the existing article. I found it intriguing.View comments →
- Name: Jack Brandt
- Address: PA, NY, and NJ
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 917.740.0010