AboutJack Brandt is a leading expert in channel development for organizations addressing the SMB. He has helped numerous organizations develop online sales channels for their Internet/cloud based services as an advisor and an individual contributor in domains, web hosting, cloud services, and local & hyperlocal search. He as worked directly with hosters, telcos, cablecos, YP’s and drectories, both on and offline to help achieve their goals. Jack Brandt is currently President of Mixed Media Ventures, LLC, and continues to help channel organizations better serve and market to their customers and clients.
My 2009 “Not to do” list.
My personal business resolutions for 2009 are as follows. They are high level and notice they are things I will NOT do.
In 2009 I will NOT:
- Set unrealistic or unfair expectations of myself. Say, “yes” to everything without first assessing the emotional, professional, personal, karmic ROI.
- Neglect to quickly give credit to the team.
- Solely focus on short-term benefits unless it is a pathway to accomplishing long-term goals.
- Count on anything before it is a reality.
- Forget to network because it often benefits someone other than myself.
- Stop critically thinking, but refrain from always shooting holes in others’ ideas.
- Lose sight of the fact that I can replace my job but not my family.
Reprinted from an email I received in my personal box, but the list struck me as one that I thought most people should ponder as we go into 2009.View comments →
- Name: Jack Brandt
- Address: PA, NY, and NJ
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 917.740.0010