My personal business resolutions for 2009 are as follows. They are high level and notice they are things I will NOT do.
In 2009 I will NOT:
- Set unrealistic or unfair expectations of myself. Say, “yes” to everything without first assessing the emotional, professional, personal, karmic ROI.
- Neglect to quickly give credit to the team.
- Solely focus on short-term benefits unless it is a pathway to accomplishing long-term goals.
- Count on anything before it is a reality.
- Forget to network because it often benefits someone other than myself.
- Stop critically thinking, but refrain from always shooting holes in others’ ideas.
- Lose sight of the fact that I can replace my job but not my family.
Reprinted from an email I received in my personal box, but the list struck me as one that I thought most people should ponder as we go into 2009.